Saturday, January 30, 2010

Be A Legacy Networking Tip #11

Follow Up System

What is your follow up system? When you receive a contact or someone tells you they want your product or wants to book a presentation from you what is the system that you follow?

Are you reinventing your system with some similarities each time? Create a system that is consistent.

Follow up within 48 hours with every lead you get. You can follow up by phone, email, mail or be creative and follow up!

Have a form with the questions you want to ask in front of you. This way you do not ever get of the phone thinking you forget to ask them something. This also allows you to stay on track and will help with time management to do more follow up calls.

If you are calling to follow up and have to leave a message, let the prospect know you will be calling again. How is your call back system working? I have a 5 call systems in place for each person. I will leave a message using each of the 4 behaviors styles. This way it is more likely that when they hear me speak in their behavior style they are more likely going to call me back. However, my fifth call is the final call in which I let them know I will not be calling them again and though I would like to support them with their need, it seems not at this time.

If I do not make contact with the prospect I will follow up in about 15 days and 30 days with a postcard if I have their address or use email as the second choice. What will you do?

Having a powerful follow up system is most important for your business success.

When you do not follow up you are telling yourself that your business does not matter to you and you are telling the lead that they are not important.

Make a commitment to create a follow up system and follow up within 48 hours for 30 days. Watch your business success grow.

No comments: