Friday, January 29, 2010

Be A Legacy Networking Tip #10

Be Prepared For Success

Always have your business tools with you when you go out! Always, always have business cards, brochures or catalogs with you!

Whether you are at the store or networking events have something that people can walk away with that represents you. If you make a connection with someone and they want to connect with you and you have nothing to offer them that will allow the two of you to connect in the future, you are missing an opportunity!

Your contact information is key to business success. People are busy and do not want to have to work to make the connection that will serve you. People want fast, easy connection!

I have been to many event and at every event someone tells me "I forgot my business card". I just ran out or I am getting new ones printed. I heard "oh I can not believe I forgot them. First impression is "not serious about business!"

If you want to be treated as a serious business person bring the tools to support that.

Have cards in your vehicle, spouses vehicle, brief case, purse and any bag you have. I have taken cards to the beach in Hawaii! Do not be left making an impression that your business is not important.

No comments: