Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Power In Saying No

Why would you want to say No to people?

Why is a No powerful?

No is a way to trust yourself. Trusting your insinct on making a choice.

When you say no to someone that is a way that you honor yourself. How often do you truly honor yourself?
No does not mean that you are a bad person or someone who does not care.
No is just saying this does not work for me right now. No I can not do this for you as I can not put anything more on my schedule.
This is about you honoring your previous committments and not creating overwhelm for yourself.
When you say no, I have found that some people will actually honor you more. They will respect you for having boundries and honoring who you are.
Now don't get me wrong some people will take advantage of you if you tend to not say no often. However you are the only one to blame for not setting healthy boundaries for your self.

No can be a very powerful statement! It can show that you pay attention to your life.
A no puts power in you feeling like you have a choice and you have the power to do what supports you best.

Can you say no and still say yes? No to what is being asked and you can put in a yes for the future. Like no I can not be part of the play this month, please do ask me again in the future. If I am available I will let you know. This is a way that shows you are still open to supporting others yet is just does not work at this time. This allows you to have the control in your life and honor yourself and be there when others can use your support.

So what lessons can you take from saying no?
  • Learn how to say no to people.
  • Don’t be afraid, you’ve got nothing to be afraid of.
  • If you think you want to say no then say it.
  • People may not like to be told no, but they will respect you for standing up for you.
  • Ano can mean not at this time please ask me again in the future.

Today is your day to say No! A loving, compassionate and healthy No! Practice on small things and work your way up to the bigger No's. What is the gain in saying no? It is up to you to find out!

No comments: