Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Action Step to Success #3

Ideas Alone Don't Bring Success

Ideas are important, but they're only valuable after they've been implemented.

How many times have you been on an airplane looking at a SkyMall catalog and seen an idea that you had and someone else did it and now they are getting paid?

Ideas are the first step in creativity. I have an "Idea Book" where I will write down all my ideas to make my business more successful. Some of these ideas I have implemented right away. Others ones are there sitting and waiting for me to take action on them or give them to someone else who could use an idea to grow their business.

I believe all the ideas I have could be for me or for me to impart on someone else. I know that my ideas have no value unless I take an action on it or give it away and someone else takes action on it.

One average idea that's been put into action is more valuable than a dozen brilliant ideas that you're saving for "some other day" or the "right opportunity".

If you have an idea that you truly believe in, do something about it. Use it or share it! The value will come when an action is taken.

What is an idea that you are ready to implement in your life today? How will implementing this idea become valuable to you?

What is an idea that you would like to offer to others? Can you market yourself to teach this to others? An idea can work for many people not just one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim -- I really like this tip and look forward to more of them. I use a journal that's part vision board and part idea diary. That format works well for me.